Why should I keep records?
With the government cracking down on smugglers and all but stopping the importation of birds, you may someday have to prove you purchased the bird legally. Therefore an essential part of keeping Psittacines is not only good Husbandry but also detailed record keeping on, Purchase, Sale, Loan, Exchange, Breeding, etc,. Yet at the same time, many aviculturists would probably feel that it is an unnecessary burden which takes up time. I have been impressed with the more scientific approach which many aviculturists are adopting to-day. This scientific approach will greatly assist with future conservation of the species, and possibly alleviate and stop the final act of extinction.
The following are a selection of forms which you can print and use with this aim in mind. It is recommended that two copies of the form be filled in and signed by each party and a copy kept by each person, when selling or exchanging a bird a copy of the individual bird record & Parents breeding record can also be given
Persons unable to supply such documentation should be treated with Extreme Caution!
The following forms are in PDF Format
Please go to Adobe to download the latetst PDF Reader
- Parrot Species Breeding Records acceptable to DETR, UK
- Individual Psittacine Loan Certificate
- Psittacine Purchase/Selling Record Type Two
- Psittacine Exchange Agreement
- Individual Psittacine Dietary Records
- Psittacine Worming Master List
- Individual Psittacine Records
- Psittacine Purchase/Selling Record Type One
- Annual Breeding Records
- Psittacine Egg Data
- Psittacine Ring Record Master List