SO whos in the minority?

Moderators: teiltown, adminnew

SO whos in the minority?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:21 pm

and whos got the authority? hehe :D

well i probly belong in the 'youger generation' bit i thought i'd start.
a bit about me!

am 16 from scotland and currently have 2 parrots, a sennie(ZaZu) and a m/bellied conure.(Shenzi) both of whom can be seen in my pics (found in my sig)
currenlty am in 5th year at school and will be leaving at the end of this year. i would like to go on and do an animal behavouirst course at uni/college but as there all in england i'll have to wait a few years (mum dosnt want me moving away too far!)

ok, so whos next?

Postby Cliff Wright » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:05 pm

:oops: Glad you like it possibly I will ask regarding a chat page but at moment it is mainly for questions and help regarding parrots
Cliff Wright

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:21 pm

yea i know :) whats the 'company logo gonna be? or is that it and u's have just forgot to remove the writing :P
please dont let me be the only young person !! :)

Postby kel » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:28 pm

Hello Arwen,my names zachary and I am 11. I have a white capped pionus called marley and jojo the grey and mungo the labrador.One day I am going to be a breeder and breed greys and green wings but I am saving up for some cockatiels at the moment and mum is making me a aviary ,my little brother wants to breed lorakeets but my mum won't let him.
If I want to put quail on the bottom of the aviary is this alright,my mum says that she had them and they were a pest but I have a book that says its fine and she is wrong.
me and my brother think that we should have things for younger parrot owners a lot more,

Zachary
kel

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:34 pm

hey Zachary, glad your alowed to use the fourms :D i might just get a g/w off you when u start breeding them as i'd love one when i have the space and money! (will have to wait tho :( )]

good luck with your cockatiels, me and my brother used to bred zebra finches and it was great fun, some ended up quite tame but never as tame as a parrot. i'll never forget the little alibino one we had, he was pure white and was the most hyper one we had, we ended up donating him to a local old peoples home (like we did with many of them). the old people loved watching him, and his two brothers that they also bought flieing around the room :D

Postby Cliff Wright » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:26 pm

Painted Qual can be fun but if they breed chicks are so small they canget through 1/2" wire no trouble you need a board on its edge around the outside of the flight to keep them in. Hens lay all over the place and then the birds gather in so many eggs and start to incubate them. I agree with your mother regarding lorrikeets they are very messy feeders and live on nectar that is sticky also if you have lorrikeets in an aviary and qual on the floor the lorrikeets will attack and possibly kill qual. Cockatiels are O.K. though they seem to get along with qual
Cliff Wright

Postby AmyParrot » Mon May 16, 2005 3:16 pm

Hi :D
My name's Amy - I'm 14. I live in West Sussex, England. We have lots of birds :D In my room I have my blue-fronted amazon, Lily; four zebra finches, two bengalese finches and three baby quails. They are chinese painted quails and will be moving outside into our aviary soon!! In our avairy we have three cockatiels, two budgies, two turquosine grass parakeets and one golden mantled rosella. I have two grass parakeet eggs in an incubator in my room - they should hatch quite soon!! I'm very excited :D
I also have lots of other pets: 1 dog, 3 cats, giant african land snails, indian stick insects, pink-winged stick insects, a hamster, two rabbits, two guinea pigs, two pheasants, three chickens and a horse. Oh - I forgot about Chippy, my fat and random duck :D
Amy + Lily xxx
AmyParrot

Postby teiltown » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:41 pm

hi i'm Emily (Using daddies logon - mine hasn't come through yet)

I have 8 cockatiels who are Jessy, woody, mork, mindy, winnie, misty, minstrel & quaver. I also have 4 lovebirds who are sam, rosie, bonnie & clyde. I have 2 ring necks binky, jasper & a rosella called rocky.

I also want to have my own hand reared cocktiel as a pet.

I am 7 years old it was my birthday on 26th march.

Emily
If God had intended man to fly, He would have given us wings. Instead He gave us Parrots.
teiltown

Postby Cliff Wright » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Hello Emily

I am glad that you like parrotlike birds and hope that when your cockatiels start to breed you can select one as a pet for yourself. to do this once feathers start to appear on your chosen one stroke it and gently handle it but not for too long once it comes out of the box on its own you can make more of a fuss of it but still leave it with mum and dad so they can feed it, until it learns to feed itself then is the time to remove it for good and make it your pet and teach it to say hello and other words.

Good Luck Cliff

:wink:
Cliff Wright

Postby chickensrus » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:39 pm

hello, im luke.
i live in hampshire i have about 40 budgies, a pair of crimson pennants a few paors of cockatiels, breed alot of chickens. and will be getting a few pairs of greys now that i have a avairy for them.

:D
luke
chickensrus

Return to A Forum for under fourteens to Discuss Parrots