Moderators: teiltown, adminnew

Charlies mum

Post by Charlies mum » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi i am new to the parrot society although i have been keeping birds for many years, i am 51, disabled and currently am owned by a CAG called Charlie, a Caique called Chi and a Kakarikki called Freddie as well as two dogs and 2 Chinchillas. i have 2 grown up sons who are still at home. Looking forward to chatting to you all.

diana

Re: Newbie

Post by diana » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Hello Charlies mum! nice to read your posting and to hear about your birds. I've been a P.S. member for a good 20 years but only joined this forum a month ago... I have a B/F Amazon, 3 Senegals - two of which we bred & hand reared, they
are 12 years old now, a pair of Moustached Parakeets who at the moment have 2 chicks reared by them, chicks are approx 11 weeks old now. And my grandsons Budge the budgie! we also have their 2 goldfish. We have a soppy Springer Spaniel and a flock of chickens - who love any left over fruit & seeds from the parrots - nothing goes to waste. Hope to hear form you again.
Di

fenfolly

Re: Newbie

Post by fenfolly » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi
I am new to this forum as well and new to bigger birds as well
I have just got 3 lovebirds
I am looking into getting a Caique or a Kakarikki which would you say is the best to go for when a toal novice and would love to teach a bird to talk, do you know if this is possibale with either of these birds.
Any help would be nice
Also do your two birds live together or apart?
Best Wishes
Charlies mum wrote:Hi i am new to the parrot society although i have been keeping birds for many years, i am 51, disabled and currently am owned by a CAG called Charlie, a Caique called Chi and a Kakarikki called Freddie as well as two dogs and 2 Chinchillas. i have 2 grown up sons who are still at home. Looking forward to chatting to you all.