Green necked indian parrot

Moderators: teiltown, adminnew

bellacowler

Green necked indian parrot

Post by bellacowler » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Just over a year ago my friend who rescues unwanted pets asked if I could look after a green necked indian parrot she had rescued from a person who had mistreated it and was about to release it into the wild. I accepted it as I obviously didn't want it to die as it was only 10 months old. When we got her she was very vicious because of the mistreatment. We got her a big cage with lots of toys and treats and have spend everyday for 15 months now trying to help/train her. I'm not sure what we are doing wrong but she is more vicious now than when we had here. She tries to attack everytime we walk past her. When we first had her she would eat out our hand but all she does now is bite us yet we are so kind to her. My husband has had enough and wants to remove her but we are unsure how or where to take her as we don't want to sell her on a selling page as she may go to someone who may mistreat her again and that's the last thing I want. Any advice what to do would be greatly appreciated.

geoffrey3
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Re: Green necked indian parrot

Post by geoffrey3 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:16 am

it sounds like it never was a tame parrot but asking around your area might bring up people who breed them but its not your fault has it looks like it was wild or parent reared