please help me with my parrot

Find out how and when

Moderator: teiltown

please help me with my parrot

Post by kimmy82 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:44 am

Hi not sure if I'm in the right place but was looking for advice on my parrot.
I have a 3 month old (so I think) Indian ringneck the guy I got him from said he was hand tamed but wasn't. I've had him now getting on 3 weeks to start with he was very scared and would make a right noise if I when when near the cage now I can get him out on a training stick and pit him in the living room onto perch so he's with me all day . Now he's scared of hands and fingers but he will sit on my shoulder and lick my ears nose face and play with my necklace but as soon as I put him down he goes timmed again he will sometimes walk up my hand from floor to my shoulder but I dunno if I'm just pushing him to do it or if I should keep up with getting him used to me and why if he will sit on me and even put his head in my mouth (which I don't allow but he will) is he still scared I hope u can help and I'm in the right place thank you Kim

Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Re: please help me with my parrot

Post by geoffrey3 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:58 pm

i sometimes wonder at breeders do they just want rid of birds hmm yet a young person asks about his bird a couple of wks isnt long to get the bird to know one but you seem to be on the right track getting the bird accustom to you try treats like its favorite food or nuts to keep it getting rewarded if it does whot ones after but its early days yet has with all aviary birds it can take a while till they get used to you