Buying an African Grey from ParrotCare

Find out how and when

Moderator: teiltown

Buying an African Grey from ParrotCare

Post by Coco777 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:38 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Forum as I want to buy an African Grey Bird, and I'm arranging to buy an African Grey from ParrotCare in Bedlington, Northumberland.

I would like to know if anyone on here has had any experiences with ParrotCare, good or bad ?

I have already paid a £100 deposit 2 weeks ago, and tonight I saw a really bad review on ParrotCare's Facebook Page, saying that the

African Grey was not tame at all and kept biting, the bird also had Avian herpes and would die indefinitely to name but a few.....

So I am now in a complete panic, as I have never owned any exotic birds before and I also have 3 children.

And I really couldn't bear getting my bird to then be told he is ill or so ill that he may die !!

Also, with the price of the bird, cage, food and accessories it would total to £1400 Which I don't mind paying as long as my bird is tame, friendly and healthy.

So has anyone had any dealings with ParrotCare, as I'm due to get my bird on the 30th / 31st of July 2016

Thankyou very much

Read more: ... z4FZZv5FnL

Re: Buying an African Grey from ParrotCare

Post by jgrey » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi did you get your baby grey?

I've heard not so good things about parrot care, you don't get to see the birds before they come to you, that's a risk in itself. Much better to rehomed an older bird, or young one x