Average price Of a Eclectus Parrot?

Find out how and when

Moderator: teiltown

jibbs1977

Average price Of a Eclectus Parrot?

Post by jibbs1977 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:53 pm

I am looking to buy one from a breeder I have been offered one for £650 including delivery they are in the Parrot Magazine in adverts part and has there own website. The guy is called Grahem Edwards. Although I have researched about these amazing parrots I am not sure about pricing, thanks in advance.

M4j_2008

Re: Average price Of a Eclectus Parrot?

Post by M4j_2008 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:30 am

Eclectus parrots are great and they dont create dusk which is a plus, i had one a couple of years back(male) i bought him from a breeder in manchester but i gave him back after a week because he completely changed and started biting and became very territorial, if i was you, i would make sure its fully tame and trained properly also i would go for female rather than male because males tend to be very territorial especially at puberty which is i think around 1 year old. I paid around £450 but he was a year old, it seems like your getting it for a decent price considering that its getting delivered but if i was you i would go and check it out first to make sure hes what you want

jibbs1977

Re: Average price Of a Eclectus Parrot?

Post by jibbs1977 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:47 am

Sounds like you may of just been unlucky as all books and research say that it's females which are hardest to look after. Thanks for reply I will take that on board.