Quaker Parrots Diet

Find out how and when

Moderator: teiltown

britlamia

Quaker Parrots Diet

Post by britlamia » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:06 pm

I have 2 Quaker Parrots male and female...same cage.....they are 9months old....

Since I brought them home they have the following as there diet:

Mixed together: daily dish
Living World Premium Cockateil Mixed seed
Special Bird Fruit & Veg

Raw Vegatables: Brocolli, Beans, Peas in Pod, Chard any green vegatables
Raw fruits: Strawberries, raspeberries, Blackberries, red Currants, Mango, pineapple, Pears, Apples, Grapes, Water melon

Treats:
Harvey Parrots, Berry Mixture & vegatable Mixture
Millet
Cuttle Fish
Nuts
Rice & Seasame Mix
Nitriberries

But due to winter months approaching and some of the above raw fruits and vegetables may not be available together with the expense, (my hubby already says the birds and my pet bernese get fed better than him).....any hoo what do you recommend as a dry alternative that wont be detrimental to the Birds health and growth.........

I clean there cage daily with poop off daily and scrub the perches in the sink weekly.......chuckles but i have to regularly clean the bars cos my babies love wiping there berry beaks along them

Any suggestion cos power hosing the cage in the winter once a week for thorough cleaning wont be pleasant.....

jibbs1977

Re: Quaker Parrots Diet

Post by jibbs1977 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:58 pm

I use to have a Quaker I gave him parrot mix then apple every day which he loved although was picky at which apples he love cox's and he would eat part of my veg when I had my tea/dinner. I think you maybe worrying to much as Jake always had fruit and veg but not pacific to seasons. He also loved pasta and salady things like cucumber and lettice. So yeah as for seasons food I wouldnt worry they will be happy with fruit and veg you can buy week in week out.