disabled parrot keeper

Moderator: teiltown

gill.bridge

disabled parrot keeper

Post by gill.bridge » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:29 pm

Was this designed for the disabled parrot or the disabled keeper please?

arwen

Post by arwen » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:41 pm

mm... i get the impression its disabled birds, tho i could be wrong. as many parrot owners are disabled (or less-abled than most)

maxi

disabled person who keeps parrots

Post by maxi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:56 am

I UNDER STOOD THIS SECTION IS FOR DISABLED PERSONS WHO KEEP PARROTS, NOT PERSONS WHO KEEP DISABLED PARROTS

Cliff Wright

Post by Cliff Wright » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:43 am

You are quite right in your assumption this section is for disabled persons to discuss how they cope with their hobby

chris

Re: disabled bird keeper

Post by chris » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi
My son has learning dissabilities and at the moment owns a lovebird 'Becks' which origionally had a mate but this sadly died. Becks has become very tame with my son and he really looks after him very well, he loves this bird very much.
My son lives in an upstairs flat so could not give a home to any birds too noisy but some advice needed please I am thinking of surprising him with a small indoor avairy with a pair of lovebirds or similar any advice this idea or on another quite type of bird I do not want to cause trouble with the neighbours.
Thank Chris
:?

Cliff Wright

Re: disabled parrot keeper

Post by Cliff Wright » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Trouble with parrots is that they all have a voice some a lot louder than others. try another lovebird or if you can find a breeder who breeds the Pyrrhura conures of wich there are some 48 species and all are failrly quiet.

If you are a member of the P.S. you will often see some offered for sale in the adverts section of the monthly magazine
or you can try this site http://www.conures.co.uk/

Kingssley
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Re: disabled parrot keeper

Post by Kingssley » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:13 pm

fcsgcfgcghc