African grey parrot hatching eggs

Moderator: teiltown

African grey parrot hatching eggs

Postby Thompson24 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi guys

I have just lost my african grey parrot after 27 years. I was wondering if it is possible to buy a hatching eggs to do the whole process myself? I recently bought on off the net but later found out I was cond my a fraud ring in pakistan?
Thompson24

Re: African grey parrot hatching eggs

Postby adminnew » Tue May 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Steer well clear of buying eggs for incubation, as you will have no comeback if things go wrong. If they die in the shells you will be blamed for letting the eggs chill etc. Also Pigeons eggs are almost identical to Parrot eggs so you never know what you are being sold. Finally if a breeder is willing to sell eggs WHY he can get a hell of a lot more for youngsters. My advice is forget it.
adminnew
Site Admin

Postby Thompson24 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:22 am

ok thanks for that, where is the best place to find a breeder in co durham?
Thompson24

Postby Cliff Wright » Wed May 06, 2009 1:14 pm

I am sure that you will find what you are looking for in this months Parrot Society Magazine, due to be posted tomorrow. All adverts are at the back and can run into 300-400 adverts.
Cliff Wright

Postby Thompson24 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanks for that, where abouts can i get a copy of the parrot magazine? is it available to purchase on line, sorry for the ignorance this is the first time I have ever heard of it to be honest?
Thompson24

Postby Bouvier » Thu May 07, 2009 7:58 am

If you go to the front page of the site you will see a line third from the top along this is 'buy/renew membership' simply click onto this and follow the instructions. A short while after joining you should receive your magazine along with a couple of back issues.
Bouvier
Bouvier

Return to Information and Comments on Breeding Parrots