URGENT REPLY HELP****breeding African greys

Moderator: teiltown

Ajay2529

URGENT REPLY HELP****breeding African greys

Post by Ajay2529 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:45 am

Hi guys can anybody pls help me I bought a pair of greys from a chap who told me he is a breeder, both DNA tested so Cox and hen. I was told he has bred them and they laid not sure how long ago they breed as I cannot get hold of the individual who sold them to me, he was breeding this pair at time of purchase I bought them in Feb 2015 and kept then in a corner style cage with nest box fitted outside cage I feed them fresh fruit and veg every morning along with a seed diet. I kept them in an outer building next to a window for light and air they did scatter feathers in the nest box but not eggs for four months, the nest box came with the birds it's a rectangular one, from June 2015 I put them outside in an open flight Avery size 6x4 and nest box connected on the top left inner side of the shed. The birds whistle try to mimic a few word I see them mouthing on occasions preening each other and follower each other around in the flight. Since June/July 2015 I have changed there diet from normal seeds to Harrison's mix which they are eating regularly and fresh fruits, Apple, kiwi, grapes,green peppers , sweetcorn. I also put a drop of calcium drops in the water and have now also introduced Harrison's pro breeding powder which I sprinkle on the fruit and veg both eating well but still no result in eggs. Am I doing something wrong, do I need to now put the birds back in to the outer building in a smaller gage. The Avery gives them flight, fresh air, rain and the natural light both look healthy a few feathers plucked due to preening each other. I am not an experienced breeder. Help would be appreciated guys. Thanks