A new african grey baby

Moderator: teiltown

Bambino110

A new african grey baby

Post by Bambino110 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Good afternoon :D I have male and female african greys who adore the canary seeds and this morning I found a hatched egg so I put corn and boiled egg as a soft diet can iI give them also the canary seeds or it is dangerous for the baby?

diana

Re: A new african grey baby

Post by diana » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 pm

I have only had Senegal, Lovebirds and Moustached Parakeet chicks, but I would suggest you may like to get some egg food - like EMP and give the parents a dish of that made moist with some warm water, they will eat it then feed the chick.
They can also have their own normal feed including chopped boiled egg, fruits etc. and some calcium powder added.
But I am sure someone who has had Grey Chicks will give more advice soon.

Good luck, let us know how it gets on.

Bambino110

Post by Bambino110 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 am

Thank you Diana for your reply :) I gave them Kiki protein with boiled egg with corn but the parents want a variety of food :) and I add calcium + vitamins liquid in water, what to do else? I will soon send you a photo :)

brugge
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by brugge » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi, you need to give them as much softfood as you can ( corn out of a tin, sprouted seeds/wheat/pulses, fruit, any veg, eggfood EMP, ) also you could put in some millet sprays, they might not eat any of it, it all depends on what you have been feeding them on up until now. Are the birds in an aviary outside or are they indoors? l would leave the photographs for now as grays dont like to be disturbed to often, it could make them kill the chick if they are disturbed to much. good luck,
brugge

Bambino110

Post by Bambino110 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Thank you Brugge for your advice, I really bought my first grey untamed he was in a horrible condition at the shop without feather and had a missing finger, I bought it as he was afraid from the guy who selling him :( at home I let him free at my bedroom, he becomes attached to me and all his feathers are grown and he became beautiful parrot :) when I went to work he was so lonely so I bought another one to play with him, I made a DNA test I found the second one another male so I bought a third one and she was tested as female and the Doctor who made me the DNA test offered me a house for them. In one year they all free to fly in my room and become attached to me 24 Hr a day :). I didn't know that they can get chicks because they live around the family and I know that to have chicks they must be in a quite environment, but suddenly I found eggs I thought that they are unfertilized egg but suddenly a small voice and a lovely chick :D. They eat sprouted seeds, Kiki pellets for african greys, egg dried from Kiki and canary seeds they love it, fruits, Caroub, Brocolli, sunflower seed (2 times/week) and they love almond and corn :) they told me not to give them wheat or vegetable for the first 10days of the hatching is it true?

brugge

Post by brugge » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:46 pm

I have never had any problems with sprouted wheat as it is the parents eating it and not the baby, but seeing you are giving them sprouted seeds and vegetables leave the wheat out. Ive got to say congratulations for breeding with your grays, i have had some pairs for years and they have never bred. You say you have two males with the female, normally that would be a problem, do both males feed the female? I would just still be carefull because the other male could be vicious towards the chick, where the eggs laid in a nestbox or in a place in your room? good luck,
brugge

Bambino110

Post by Bambino110 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 am

Yes they have a nestbox in the form of L shape, both males feed the female but when the other male comes near the nest the father becomes very angry and the other respects that :) another egg hatched today :) they are adorable, I hope that the mother will continue feeding them :)

brugge

Post by brugge » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Well i'd go tut foot of our stairs, as we say up north, (before l moved to france that is) i've never heard of two males feeding one hen, not with chicks in the nestbox anyway, you still need to watch the other male, it would be a shame if it got into the nestbox and killed the chicks! good luck and l know you'll be having a good new year with two chicks in the nestbox,
l would!
brugge

Bambino110

Post by Bambino110 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

:D You are right I see this very strange :$ I wish you a very happy new year :) may this year brings happiness to all the world :D

daavidfischer

Post by daavidfischer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:51 am

No no no do not give that to the baby. It might have a small side effect as the baby will not have a proper immune system. The baby will actually take time to settle in. so try giving just the eggs white part.

-------------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
www.outlookemailhelps.com

conure parrot

Post by conure parrot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:04 pm

A food diet of small baby is best for a small parrot child. Results of these food plans are always very healthy for parrots. It contain complete nutiration plan for parrot as well as a small human baby. Dont rely on other things because they are too costly and not too healthy for parrot
http://cuteparrots.com