African Grey breeders

Moderator: teiltown

awalker82

African Grey breeders

Post by awalker82 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi folks im just new to the forum, i bought an Arican grey pair but unfortunately lost my hen, I am looking for someone whom i might be able to buy an adult aviary hen from. Does anyone know of anybody who might be able to help.

diana

Re: African Grey breeders

Post by diana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi, welcome.
Are you a PS paid up member? if not then why not join you can do it via the main website (its not expensive) and you will receive a monthly magazine where breeders and other advertise their birds for sale.
Hope this helps.

awalker82

Post by awalker82 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi Diana thanks very much for your reply, i am a PS member get the monthly magazine, for some reason adult grey hens seem to be like gold dust at the moment, i mean there are plenty of hand reared baby hens i wasn't really wanting to go down the road of hand reared as my cock is parent reared aviary bird but it may be my only option as my big male is depressed and lonely, im just worried that as he aint getting the stimulation and company of another of his kind that he may start plucking or worse.

diana

Post by diana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:35 pm

I can see the problem. Hens of a lot of specie are often difficult to obtain.
Could you place your own 'wanted' Ad in the mag?

brugge
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by brugge » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 pm

hi, if you go to parrotmag.com or to lakelandbirdkeepers.com they have both a breeders register which both have numerous african gray breeders all over the country, good luck with your search,
bon chance! brugge

daavidfischer

Post by daavidfischer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:06 am

I think it is actually a bit expensive. But when you think about it, it is pretty much a profitable one. You can actually get at one at the old market. But i really doubt if the ones there will be of good health.

---------------------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
www.originalorkopina.com

conure parrot
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by conure parrot » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:48 am

Don’t expect your pair to get right to breeding as soon as they move into their new home. At worst, it will take a few years even for a bonded pair to produce their first eggs. Therefore, some careful nudging in the right direction to encourage breeding will help shorten the wait.
http://cuteparrots.com