African grey

Moderator: teiltown

Bambino110

African grey

Post by Bambino110 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Good morning, I am new to this forum :) I love grey parrot and I have 3 of them (Bambino, Bisou and Bella) 2 males and one female :) I need some advice for breeding this type of parrot as Bella is in Love with Bambino but the problem is I find her on top of him :( I am sure about the sex as I made a DNA test twice :) did this happen to anybody before?

teiltown
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Re: African grey

Post by teiltown » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi and Welcome to the PSUK Forum.

My first question has to be, how are these birds being kept? African Greys are usually very shy birds when breeding, and like seclusion and privacy.
If as I assume, these birds are being kept together, or in cages but allowed access to each other, then I would put the actions of Bella down to dominance. She is simply saying I am in charge here.

For you to get them to breed, they will require quite different surroundings. Obviously a nest box - do you have one of these?

Please provide more information on how you keep these birds and then I am sure we can assist you better.

Kev
If God had intended man to fly, He would have given us wings. Instead He gave us Parrots.

Bambino110

Post by Bambino110 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:14 am

Thank you so much for your reply :) actually I love this kind of birds, I bought the first one Bambino and I felt that he needs company so I bought the other one Bisou and detected that it is another male so I decided to buy a girl, the problem is they are so attached to each other, all are making the dancing mating to each other and feeding each other, I bought the nest in the form of L shape and they all enter the box. They have a room specially for them they are free without cage. The other problem is that I'm so attached to them I can not let go any of them and they love me and mate infront of me without any problem. The female adore the two males and they both feed her, this is strange :) I want them to be happy this is my goal so if they will not breed it is ok for me :). Also the two males do not fight they mate each other, The one Bambino is the big boss, Bella and Bisou follow him in every step he makes, simply they are adorable with each other
Last edited by Bambino110 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

conure parrot
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by conure parrot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:08 pm

These are most talktive birds in all over the world. It is the breed that like most in child. Too healthy and always willing to be become your security guard. Not too choosy in food. Eat almost everything. Loving to play with kids
http://cuteparrots.com