Re: BREEDING GREYS Help

Post by Dragonfly » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Ah! I see they didn't.
Have you had better luck since?
Dragonfly

007bakar

Post by 007bakar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:43 pm

just been empty eggs really plus there outside so it could be the fact of weather as well not sure

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 am

Who can blame them!
Dragonfly

billy123 _786

Post by billy123 _786 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:28 pm

007bakar wrote:just wondering I have changed abit of their diet which includes::

sweet corn,green peas, grean beans, Broccolie, potato pealed, sprinkle of orange juice on top and apple some times. Just wondering if this diet is okay

however just researched and found out potato should be baked or boiled and mashed if not then it can give them indigestion.
hi do you use a uv light , if so can you please tell me as im new to the hobby

billy123 _786

Post by billy123 _786 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:15 am

can anyone please tell me if they had a shed converted into a bird room what size flight would you put one pair in .... i no the bigger the better but what size would be ok , i have 2 pairs of greys they are in a spare room and they seem happy but i will give them a bigger area to fry and be happy more then they are now but just a idea

brugge
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by brugge » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Billy,
l used a shed 5ft x 5ft for my grays, l divided it in half, framed it out and wired it with a access door to get into their half to feed them and to clean them out, the nestbox was hung on the outside of the wire so l could gain access to examine it, (inside the shed ) then l had a 3 metre flight attached to one side of the shed with a pophole that
l could close either to keep them in when l cleaned the flight out, or to shut them out when l examined the nestbox. The flight was approx 2 mtrs high x the width of the shed. I dont think you need to go any bigger as l found that grays dont seem to fly as much as they liked to climb amoungst the branches that l put in. They bred for me each year in that set up and reared their young no problems.
brugge.

conure parrot
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by conure parrot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Some Incubators available for hatching purpose in market. Their results are 100% accurate and the baby parrot remain very healthy throughout its life. So i will recommend you to try out these incubators. It will last some long effect on your hatching experience of eggs
http://cuteparrots.com

Rubel89

New to breeding African greys

Post by Rubel89 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:33 pm

Hello all :D

I'm new to breeding African grey bought a pair of grey from mr mayat as well from Yorkshire.
My question is will it be better to feed them on a big bowl on bottom of cage to avoid wasteage of vegetable on the floor, I'm aware of their dietary requirements and believe to be doing it well. I give them pellets mixed vegetables with supplements of calcium. Please advice if I should put some toys I know it's a good idea but all videos on YouTube of breeding Congo has no toys so I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't as it may delay the breeding process? I'm willing to show some pics if any knowledgeable kind breeder out there will guide me to the right path :). Many thanks