PSUK Rung?

Moderators: teiltown, adminnew

Cliff Wright

Post by Cliff Wright » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:36 pm

When rings are ordered from our supplier Avian ID the members ring particulars are logged onto their computor and should a parrot be found wearing a PSUK ring the number can be traced to whom it was supplied and with luck they should have kept records to who they sold it too and therefore the bird and owner are re-united.

Bouvier
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by Bouvier » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:54 pm

Further to what Cliff has written. The rings do have PSUK on them and the remaining numbers letter etc are up to you. Generally I would use my PS member number and then ring number (eg 1-10 etc) ring size and year.
Obviously the amount of information is restricted to the size of the ring - even with large rings you are going to be restricted. Also the birds advertised are generally closed rung rather than split rung. The first one being put on when the bird is young(about three weeks) and cannot be removed without cutting. The second can be put on at any stage in its life. Split silver rings are usually used by vets to show the sex Right leg for ***** - Left for hens. Closed rings do not indicate sex as it is up to the idividual which leg it goes on. Mine are always on the left leg as I am right handed and find it easier to hold the bird in the left hand and place the ring on with the right.
You should always keep a record of your birds ring number (if you have not been supplied with a certificate which shows the ring,) as this shows that you have proprietory right over it should it be found and an arguement over ownership ensues.
Hope this helps

Bouvier

nick67

Re: PSUK Rung?

Post by nick67 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:47 pm

I have acquired a red bellied parrot and just wondered where he was bred, is there any way I can find this out?

He is closed ringed the ring is 5 then DRC, psuk sideways, then 10 sideways then R.

From reading this page I guess 5 is the number assigned to him by the breeder, 10 is 2010, R is the ring size and DRC is the breeders identification?

Thanks
Nick

nick67

Re: PSUK Rung?

Post by nick67 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:29 am

I have acquired a red bellied parrot the is pusk closed rung and wondered where he was bred, is there any way I can find this out?