Parrot care for holidays

Moderators: teiltown, adminnew

jt99

Parrot care for holidays

Post by jt99 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:33 pm

As this is my first post on any forum I may be doing this wrong but here goes.

Has anyone ever come across a service offered to look after a parrot when you are on holiday. If I had a dog or cat I would be well catered for but as far as parrots go I can't get a single hit on the internet. I am in the Reading/Newbury area and have a Hahn's Macaw. My neighbour usually obliges but she's away at the same time.

Any advice appreciated.

John

magicarpet

parrot care

Post by magicarpet » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:15 pm

Does anyone know of a parrot boarding facility in the North West?

stumpy-polecat
Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Post by stumpy-polecat » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:09 pm

I can offer some places to bord parrots in my own home or in the owners homes if they are not too far away from me. I live in se9 and have a wide knoledge of most birds. any other qs let me know and I will be happy to answer them. Refrences avalible upon request also. I will be away from the 14fth to the 28th of this month though (aug)
Cat

Cliff Wright

Post by Cliff Wright » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:08 pm

Try this link below I know nothing about them but it is up to you!

http://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/topi ... hichpage=1

stumpy-polecat

Post by stumpy-polecat » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:13 pm

There is a vets in sevenoaks that does bird care when you are on holiday if you are interested let me know and I will try and find the info for you
Cat

natasha81

I can parrot sit!

Post by natasha81 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi there!

I have the same problems about my parrots so cant go on holidays much. I have 3 cockatoos (two of which iv had for 15 years now, one for 4 years and have 2 cockatiels for 10 years) so i know alot on how to handle birds. I live in central london, i would love to do parrot sitting for anyone. Plz email me on tasha1432@hotmail.com. Id realy love to help! :)

http://pics-00.hi5.com/userpics/200/189 ... 00.img.jpg
Last edited by natasha81 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthews Family

parrot sitting

Post by Matthews Family » Tue May 29, 2007 6:46 pm

We as a family have a range of parrots and parakeets from the little lovebirds up to our blue and gold macaw. We have a wide range of experience at least ten years, from maintaining, feeding, training and breeding. We have just set up our web site which can be viewed on our profile. We are in the N'pton area and fully understand the need for parrot sitting. When you go away you can board your bird in local pet stores. The number of times we have visited a couple, And asked if the bird in the small cage is for sale as we feel sorry for it. Then informed no its on holiday as their keepers away. We walk out feeling sorry for the bird and state we will never do that to our birds. Can you imagine your bird for all the time your away is stuck in a small cage being fed sunflower seeds and lack of their family interaction. The behaviour and moods you will experience from your bird on return. Is it worth while going away. If any one would like parrot sitting we as a family would love a to assist. My husband does work but I stay home as having a big family of children and birds it is only fair one of us stays at home. Feel free to email us at matthewsfamilyparrots@gmail.com
Our Family share our lives with an African Grey, B/G Macaw, Meleay Amazon, x2 Senegals and x2 Aviaries with Cockatiels and Lovebirds.

Jodie18

Re: Parrot care for holidays

Post by Jodie18 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:33 am

Hello we live in northamptonshire, and currently looking for someone to look after our Blue & Gold Macaw. What's your website please? As I was unable to locate it through your profile.
Kind regards
Jodie