Moderators: teiltown, adminnew

Post by bwebster » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:47 am

hi everyone could you give me some advice about neighbours lighting fires please .we asked them not to do it during the day in the summer while children were on school holiday .and because i keep parrots down my garden .i had to take my macaw twice to the vets for treatment to help her breathe.we rang the council but they said ring up the police which we did .the police told the neighbour after 6 at night .but they are still lighting them up during the day at 12.30 .so i rang the enviroment office they said if children were being involved they can do the neighbour for pollution but not for parrots

Re: fires

Post by diana » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:28 am

Well, I would think that you need to establish the times i.e. whether they can only be lit after 6pm or not, otherwise surely its breaking some bye law??
Why are some neighbours so blooming difficult is beyond me.

Re: fires

Post by jgrey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 pm

well i was always of the understanding that fires had to be lit after 6pm, so someone somewhere is breaking the law, it's typical that no one wants to help. i thought the environment office would have helped in some way :(

in the meantime could you put up some kind of barrier or cover to keep the smoke away? could your vet help, write to the council or environment and express their concerns? i often have to shut my windows because two houses across the road have wood burners and when it's windy it blows right across my kitchen! :(