Next show

Moderators: teiltown, adminnew

Next show

Post by Brockus » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:39 am

Hello as titled when is the next parrot show where I can buy hand reared birds?

Choose Centre Number (3): 23465

Re: Next show

Post by teiltown » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Dear Anthony,

As a council member of the PSUK, I would like to reiterate the fact that ALL PSUK sale days are for the sale and purchase of surplus hobbyist breeding stock.
The PSUK does not hold a petr animals license which is needed in order to sell Pet animals.
Therefore, as requested by the PSUK, NO pet birds will be for sale at any of our shows.

However, the next PSUK run show, will be at Stafford Agricultural show ground on Sunday July 7th 2013 ... nformation

All relevant inforamtion for the show can be found via our main website and the link above.

If you are intent on buying a hand reared bird for a pet, then may I suggest you look in the back of the monthly magazine or use our online advertiser.

Many Thanks
Kevin Pickup
PSUK Council Member.
If God had intended man to fly, He would have given us wings. Instead He gave us Parrots.

Re: Next show

Post by Nick » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

This kind of show is, presumably, a good place to meet breeders with a view to arranging a visit and a purchase when a nest of chicks of your particular interest/needs is available. There is no point in hurrying the purchase of a pet that may be with you for 50 years or more... Meet the breeder, visit her/his aviaries, seek their advice and knowledge of particular species, meet the parents of your particular breed choice, handle the baby when very small, understand the breeder's particular feeding and handling traits ... That is what my wife and I intend to do. We will then be in a position to purchase with confidence, from a reputable breeder, a bird that is used to being handled and which we can bring home, knowing its feeding likes and dislikes. Settling in a new bird needs to ensure there is as little disruption to their routine so they can feel confident in you. That seems to be a good way of building a rapport with your bird.
Just my thoughts on the subject...